Car accident causes vary widely in Arizona. Understand the risks
How do car accidents happen? What are some of the common causes in Arizona? Answers vary widely for the 103,423 motor vehicle accidents in 2011 in Arizona. But in many cases, the cause of many auto accidents is strikingly similar. Here are some of the most common causes of auto accidents in Arizona.
- Texting and cell phone use. Texting while driving is against the law in Phoenix and Tucson, but there is currently no statewide ban against texting while driving. Drivers texting and talking on a cell phone often put everyone at risk. They might think they're in control. But every year, many people are seriously injured or killed by a distracted driver using their cell phone.
- Drunk driving. Drinking and driving was linked to the cause of 5,537 auto accidents in Arizona in 2011. The dangers of drinking and driving have been well documented for decades. Even so, many people continue to put all of us in danger every time they get behind the wheel after having too much to drink.
- Speeding. Driving too fast might not seem like a major issue. But when a vehicle is speeding, or traveling faster than the posted speed limit, drivers have less time to react and a greater chance of having a high-speed collision with another vehicle. And the fast the vehicles are going, the more likely the injuries will be serious or perhaps even fatal.
- Reckless driving. What constitutes reckless driving varies from person to person. What might seem normal to some could be perceived as downright dangerous. Examples of reckless driving include not obeying posted traffic signals, following other vehicles too closely and weaving in and out of traffic.
- Asleep at the wheel accidents. Drivers have a choice when they choose to drive tired. When drivers fall asleep at the wheel, such vehicles become high-speed weapons that wreak havoc on our roads. Even drowsy driving can be dangerous. Accidents can happen in an instant. That's why drivers need to keep their eyes on the road at all times.
Rely on an experienced car accident attorney in Phoenix
Even though many accidents seem to share similar causes, no two accidents are the same. Every accident is different. At Israel & Gerity, PLLC, we treat every customer the same way - as an individual, a unique person. We don't believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. We listen to our clients and work with them to design a strategy that fits their particular legal needs. Find out what a top-notch Phoenix injury lawyer can do for you. Contact us today.
Israel & Gerity, PLLC - where clients come first and results matter.