What to do after an auto accident in Arizona - every detail matters
Have you been in an auto accident in Arizona? Knowing what to do after a car accident can be confusing. There are so many issues to consider during such a chaotic time. Have you been injured? Is your car totaled? Did the other driver not have insurance or leave the scene of the accident? Is your insurance company trying to avoid paying you what you rightfully deserve?
What you decide to do after a car accident can make all the difference. That's why it's crucial you take certain steps after your accident. Here are some important things you can do immediately after your motor vehicle crash.
A few steps to take after a car wreck
- Contact police. Call the police while you're still at the scene of the accident. Don't try to let the other driver talk you into moving the vehicles. Stay put. Let the police see exactly what happened at the scene of your car accident.
- Talk to witnesses. If anyone saw your accident, talk to them. Get their full names, addresses and phone numbers. Write it down. And write down what they say they saw. This evidence could make all the difference when dealing with insurance companies and other corporations after your motor vehicle accident.
- Take photographs. The more evidence you can gather at the scene of your Arizona auto accident, the better. Take photos of the vehicles after the accident. Pay particularly close attention to skid marks, damage to vehicles, street signs, weather conditions. Take photos of the surrounding area. Is a street light out? The road wet? Another vehicle parked illegally and blocking the view near an intersection? Details matter. Take as many photos as you can to build a strong case.
- Write down details. You should always carry a notepad and a pen in your car in case of an accident. That way you can write down vital details at the scene. Draw a picture detailing exactly where the vehicles were at the time of the accident. Make note of whether the other vehicle appeared to have existing damage prior to the crash.
- Contact a lawyer. No matter how straightforward your auto accident might seem, you need an experienced, knowledgeable Arizona auto accident lawyer on your side looking out for your best interests. You need Israel & Gerity, PLLC, based in Phoenix but serving clients throughout Arizona. Contact us. Call (888) 900-3667. We can help guide you through any questions or concerns you may have about your accident.
- Contact your insurance company. After you contact Israel & Gerity, PLLC, contact your insurance company. You may be tempted to contact them first. You may think your insurance company has your best interests at heart. Don't be so sure. Often, insurance companies are focused on their bottom line.