Types of car accidents in Arizona cover a wide range
The types of car accidents most Arizona motorists deal with can cover a wide range. And even when some accidents appear similar, no two accidents are the same. Each one is unique.
Still, in many cases, many accidents can be categorized into certain types. Here are some of the more common types of car accidents in Arizona.
- Rear-end accidents. Rear-end accidents occur when the driver behind you hits the back of your vehicle. These accidents can happen for many reasons. The other driver may be texting & using a cell phone. They might be speeding or asleep at the wheel. Whatever the reason, you could sustain a serious injury as a result of a rear-end accident. One of the most common types of injuries sustained in such an accident is whiplash. Don’t treat these accidents lightly. They can cause a lot of damage.
- Head-on collisions. Head-on collisions are every driver’s worst nightmare. Colliding with another vehicle coming in the opposite direction can often produce terrible accidents. The results can be serious car accident injuries or in some cases, even death.
- SUV rollover accidents. Sport utility vehicles, commonly known as SUVs, can sometimes roll over, resulting in a potentially serious SUV rollover accident. If you’re traveling in an SUV that rolls over, it may be due to a product defect or something wrong with the vehicle itself. If you’re traveling in another vehicle and you’re involved in an accident caused by a SUV rollover, it’s important you contact an Arizona accident lawyer to make sure your rights are protected.
- Hit & run accidents. Hit & run accidents can be especially frustrating. When the other driver flees the scene of an accident, you may think you will have no way of holding the other person accountable for their actions. Don’t be so sure. If you’ve been injured in a hit-and-run accident, you may still be entitled to compensation and other benefits, even if police cannot locate the other driver.
- Pedestrian accidents.People crossing the street using a crosswalk should feel safe. But sometimes, pedestrian accidents happen. If a pedestrian was hit, the cause of the accident could be any number of reasons, from reckless driving to drunk driving. If your vehicle strikes a pedestrian, the person may not have been obeying the rules of the road. They might have darted out into the street or failed to use a crosswalk.
Why you need a Phoenix car accident lawyer
No matter what kind of car accident you’re dealing with, you need an experienced legal team on your side. You need someone who thoroughly understands Arizona’s traffic laws. You need someone who knows how to build a case designed to protect your rights. You need Israel & Gerity, PLLC – driven to succeed, focused on results.